Baking Real Sourdough Bread
Wild sourdough magic at your fingertips! No fresh or quick yeast, only natural leaven, flour, water and salt.
(Please note that all the measurements are in grams, ounces and cups – Celsius and Fahrenheit)
Written by two passionate artisan bakers and teachers, this book dispels the myth that sourdough is difficult and time-consuming to make. It shows how to fit regular baking into even the craziest lifestyle by using an ordinary fridge and the principle of retardation – or ‘slo-mo’ dough.
Packed with clear explanations and helpful photographs the book shows:
* The Seven Steps to creating truly exceptional artisan loaves
* Three detailed schedules to manage your time for effortless baking
* How to create, manage and maintain a wild yeast leaven
* How to choose and use the best flours
* The secrets of long fermentation
* Tips on improving the look, taste and texture of your loaves.
* Insights on managing the three T’s: Timing, Temperature and Technique
* How to bake sourdough that tastes the way you want it to – from milky to truly tart
* Includes original recipes from The Artisan Bakery School.
A handbook for anyone reaching for a real life-skill.
Publication Date: 15 Jan. 2014